Monday, December 20, 2010

the road to ruin ...

Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a racket!  Noise-rock, glorious noise-rock.  I'll no doubt ask myself many times why I bothered to create a blog but one - and perhaps the only - good reason is to spread the love of some of the most under-rated bands in rock.  What the majority of these bands have in common is a sound that's just too damn ugly to be loved by the mainstream or the underground.   Instead, they stalk some kind of netherworld creating all sorts of grating, jarring, rattling, screeching, pounding, grueling, and punishing noises.  These are also the catchiest and most downright rocking tunes I've had the pleasure of inflicting upon myself.  So, if I achieve nothing more than to entice readers to make their acquaintance with such fine purveyors of distortion as Young Widows, Black Elk, Hammerhead, and Unsane, then sure, what the hell, it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment